Thursday, June 12, 2008

Shelf Life Update

Craig Hinton was a lovely, very funny man, and a talented author who died far too young at Christmas 2006.

In tribute to and rememberance of him, Jay Eales, Adrian Middleton and David McIntee have put together a collection of short stories, entitled Shelf Life, each with some kind of link to Craig and his life and work. Included is a brief Iris story of mine, entitled 'No Place Like Home' - I'm no writer, but I don't think it's entirely awful, and there are any number of proper writers in the book to make it well worth buying. All profits from the book go to a charity nominated by Craig's family.

It's not out yet, but the cover art is, to whet your appetite...



Pretty nifty, eh? I think Craig, as a big comics fan, would have liked it.

Labels: ,

Bookmark and Share

7 Comments:

Blogger SAF said...

That is a terrific cover. Must get on with my website overhaul, so I can make the Shelf Life announcement the first item on the new News page.

12:23 pm  
Blogger Stuart Douglas said...

I'm looking forward to Shelf Life, on the basis that every other charity anthology I've read has been better than every other Big Finish Short Trips collection.

12:55 pm  
Blogger Scott Liddell said...

Nice. I will, of course, be buying a copy. ( Not that you've bought a copy of mine yet! )

Cover is nice, reminds me of the great era of C64 covers like:
this.

And as for "I'm no writer" - you know my opinion on that...

1:30 pm  
Blogger Stuart Douglas said...

Scott: "I will, of course, be buying a copy. ( Not that you've bought a copy of mine yet! )"

I'll buy a copy once it's back on Amazon!

That's a great game but this was better.

2:17 pm  
Blogger Scott Liddell said...

I was a "Grand Master Spy"... Oh yes...

2:23 pm  
Blogger Dan Tessier said...

I'm overjoyed to see this project reaching fruition. Everyone involved has put in a hell of a lot of work. I think Craig would have been very pleased, especially with that fantastic cover.

11:03 am  
Blogger Stuart Douglas said...

It's the type of cover Craig would appreciate, no doubt.

And yeah - good to see one of these anthologies coming together again.

11:18 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home