Friday, February 16, 2007

Moving the entire operation offshore - a proposal

I've been so busy latrely wrapping up the chocolate empire that I've not had time to post much here or complete various projects that I have bubbling away in the background*

So I thought I might outsource my blog for a while.

Benefits include:
  • Authors with a better grasp of idiomatic English than I.
  • Writers who live in more interesting places than Edinburgh, thereby pulling in that key aspirational demographic.
  • If I get an unmarried young guy to take over, the blog can go all 18-30 and be filled with tales of dogging, toothing and general sexual excess. I'm told that's generally more popular than reviews of Ronnie Barker vehicles and enthusastic burbling about the 1970s.
  • More time for me to do the important things in life - like turning those two dozen Play for Today avis into playable dvds and actually watching all the Nigel Kneale stuff I've bought/downloaded but not got round to watching yet.
The only downside I can see is the cost, what with the whole giving up the chocolate business side of things. I'd get Scott, a massive convert to the blogging experience, to write it for me for a while, but I don't think either of my readers is all that fascinated by pictures of sheep (although they may be more interested in reading about his first novel **)

Actually, maybe I could create a bank of offshore bloggers and then hire them out at a decent mark-up to other terribly busy young urban professionals like myself.

I should really do a post about that...


* OK, so it's not that grand - I have a review of the Nick Wallace edited Collected Works to write, a girls football team website to finish and more of my episode guide to knock-up. But still - it represents what little life I have.
** That's viral marketing that is - just watch it take off now. Don't say I never do anything for you.

Labels:

Bookmark and Share

4 Comments:

Blogger TimeWarden said...

I have to admit that I was/am thinking of chucking this whole blogging lark in too, just before the new series of “Doctor Who” starts, so I don’t have to write how bad RTD is for thirteen consecutive weeks!

5:35 am  
Blogger SAF said...

I feel I know what you mean, Timewarden. It occurs to me I haven't made any comment on The Runaway Bride - but when it comes to blogging, I think I'd rather ramble nonsensically. I mean, if I'm gonna waste my breath... ;)

9:08 am  
Blogger alienvoord said...

ok I'll do it, if you don't mind me gushing about season 3.

2:29 pm  
Blogger Stuart Douglas said...

That'd be great - season 3 was great - Hartnell was the best Doctor by miles and although it's his weakest season it still does the dirty from a great height on the likes of Tennant's shiny but empty season 28 and prospective season 29 :-)

10:16 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home