Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Mr Trevor K Grant: Author

Hmm, it seems that there's something of a minor furore about writer Trevor K Grant who I recently mentioned as an author I was reading. There's even been suggestions that he's a Doctor Who author trying to break into mainstream publishing via some sort of convoluted Internet publicity scam.

All I can say is that I've read one of his books and that was given to me in return for allowing two guys to host their Grant fansite on one of my domains (having been asked to do so by another author I know online who was at school with Grant). The book was OK in a mad sort of way and the two guys (who aren't Who authors, I can assure everyone) are much the same, but whoever Grant is, best of luck to him, I say.

In other news, apparently Phil Purser-Hallard has no shame and posts in his underwear, like a cut-price Hugh Heffner who can't afford pyjamas.

Labels:

Bookmark and Share

11 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

8:13 pm  
Blogger Unknown said...

My feelings about this matter can be read here.

8:13 pm  
Blogger alienvoord said...

I'm so confused.

10:07 pm  
Blogger Stuart Douglas said...

About TKG or PPH?

10:10 pm  
Blogger alienvoord said...

Constituency in verb-particle constructions. Why, what are we talking about?

3:56 am  
Blogger Philip said...

You're just jealous because you can't work in your pants.

1:57 pm  
Blogger Stuart Douglas said...

AV: "Constituency in verb-particle constructions. Why, what are we talking about?"

That's what I was talking about as well (Still not convinced you didn't make up the etymology of Juggernaut though :-)

PPH: "You're just jealous because you can't work in your pants."

As of my redundancy on Friday I can though so 'ha!' (hmm, that's a bittersweet riposte if ever I saw one)

8:13 pm  
Blogger Philip said...

Shit. I'm so sorry -- how very tactless of me.

6:43 pm  
Blogger Stuart Douglas said...

Sorry Phil - that wasn't intended to elicit feelings of tactlessness on your part, it was meant to be a sign of my strength in adversity :)

Besides I bought part of the company that made me redundant and am going into business for myself (expect spam email to every Who group we mutually belong to some time soon :-) plus I have another job lined up if I fancy it (working for Murdoch at Sky, but you can't have everything)

8:44 pm  
Blogger Unknown said...

Have you been able to see A Scanner Darkly yet?

3:55 am  
Blogger SAF said...

Shit, sorry to hear about the redundancy, Stu, but glad to know you have other opportunities lined up. You can't keep a good man down, they say ;)

11:42 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home